Two things that Skirt is doing that you can learn from:
- As you can see, on the homepage, Skirt is using high quality product and lifestyle images. This really helps in getting customers' attention while they are shopping online.
- In addition to this, the instagram videos posted by them, showcase their new products and how to style them, which is an excellent example of what an ecommerce brand should be doing.
Here are two things they can focus on to improve shopping experience for their customers:
- Below the instagram feed, there's a reviews section which only has 10 reviews. Now that doesn’t sit right when you are browsing the site. So, focus can be put into getting more reviews from existing customers as the customer trust is built further with more reviews. Reviews also improve the website's visibility on Google.
- I also noticed that while the team at Skirt is posting videos on instagram on a regular basis, those videos, especially the product ones, don’t make their way back on the product page. These videos can surely help the customer decide if they are on the edge about buying any piece of clothing.
Apart from this, there are a few layout opportunities that can definitely be improved. Let me show you what I mean.
- The height of the scrolling header is quite big. This can be reduced to make more content visible.
- Color filters on collection pages can be added to help narrow down the search.
- Easy dropdowns on product pages that would provide more details like fabric & care and returns and shipping. It’s more clear this way and customers can spot it easily.
I hope this was helpful and if you need any assistance in transforming your store to provide a great shopping experience for your customers that will boost your sales, feel free to contact us.